Saturday, November 18, 2006

Insanity is fun!

I've decided to do NaNoWriMo. (www.nanowrimo.org). What is that, you ask? It's National Novel Writing Month. For the whole month of November (1st through 30th), you are to write a 50,000 word novel. It doesn't have to be polished, it's simply a first draft. So yes, you'll write a lot of crap...but at least you'll be writing. Average daily word count is 1,667 words per day. About 4 pages in Times New Roman, 12 pt font.

So far, with 13 days to go, I'm at 20,000 words. 30-ish pages. About 10 pages is nothing but crap...because I'm actually thinking about what I'm writing, where the story is going next. I need to STOP THINKING and just start pounding out words! I haven't written anything in about 2 years and anything for fun/pleasure in, gods, YEARS! It's fun...kinda stressful...but still fun!

No comments: