Tuesday, April 07, 2009

My "warm up" for 10th grade

I really did this activity as a "warm up" for my advanced 10th grade students today... The prompt was: "Write the alphabet, A to Z on a piece of paper, skipping a line between each letter. Then, think of a TV show for each letter." They loved it, I think, and were really getting into it. Here's our compiled list:

A -- "Alias, "Addams Family," "American Dad"
B -- "Bones," "Batman"
C -- "CSI," "Criminal Minds"
D -- "Desparate Housewives," "Dora"
E -- "ER", "Everybody Hates Chris," "Everybody Loves Raymond"
F -- "Fear Factor," "Family Guy"
G -- "George Lopez," "Ghost Whisperer"
H -- "House," "How I Met Your Mother"
I -- "I Love Lucy," "Ice Road Trucker"
J -- "Jeopardy," "Johnny Bravo," "Jeff Corwin"
K -- "Knight Rider," "King of the Hill"
L -- "Lost," "LA Ink"
M -- "M.A.S.H.," "Mind of Mencia"
N -- "NCIS," "Ni Hao, Kai Lan"
O -- "Oprah," "The Office"
P -- "Pimp my Ride," "Penguins of Madagascar"
Q -- "Quantum Leap," "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy"
R -- "Reading Rainbow," "Rescue Me," "Run's House"
S -- "Survivor," "Simpsons," Sabrina the Teengage Witch"
T -- "Top Gear," "Tom & Jerry," "That 70s Show"
U -- "Ugly Betty," "UFC"
V -- "Veronica Mars," "Voltron"
W -- "WCW," "Whose Line is it Anyway"
X -- "Xena: Warrior Princess," "X-Men"
Y -- "Young & the Restless," "Yo Gabba Gabba"
Z -- "Zorro,' "Zoey 101"

No comments: