Tuesday, February 13, 2007

BFL - take 2, or is it 3?

I have decided to have another go at Body For Life. What is it? It's a 12-week plan - eating better (balancing carbs/protein w/ fruits/veg) and alternating days of cardio and weight training with a "free day" once a week. (www.bodyforlife.com). I've "tried" to get into it before, but the first time I found out I was pregnant and the 2nd time I just slacked. This time - no excuses!! I know it works because my sis-in-law has kept on BFL for about 3 years now and she lost ALL the weight she gained after having 2 kids in 2 years.

So far, I'm finished with week 1 and am on day 2 of week 2 and I'm loving it. Getting the motivation to get up at 6:00 am and work out is hard, but I'm doing it. Just have to tell myself that yes, it's cold and dark and I'm warm and snuggly and...and... there are countless "ands" I could keep on going. But I don't. I've been getting up early-ish and getting my workout in before Jaina wakes up. It's been going well and I can tell that I'm firming up muscles that I've not "worked" in a very long time. But it's a good soreness...like the first 2 weeks of track practice in high school when you come home ACHING and pop a few tylenol just to get the shinsplints and overworked quads to stop hurting!

I am probably going to join the rec center. It's fairly cheap ($70 a month for the family plan) so I'd get free kid care for Jaina and then we could go swimming or have some fun after I get done working out. I can pay for the fees with 1 week of my tutoring salary!

I want to be a healthy, trim mommy who looks pretty dang good in a swimsuit this season. Plus, I want more energy to run after my ever-growing daughter. I also want to fit back into skinnier pants (a size 10 or 12 would be great - right now I'm a 14/16-ish).

No comments: