Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Exciting news...

Got this in my e-mail today:

Dear Nicole:
Your application materials to the Master’s program in Library and Information Science at the University of Denver have been favorably reviewed and we are very interested in interviewing you for the program. We are inviting applicants to come to campus on Friday, March 2, 2007 for interviews. The interview day will include meetings with faculty, staff, and current students, as well as an opportunity to tour campus and learn more about DU. Interviews are scheduled for half an hour with faculty, current students, and alumni

I applied for Grad School in December and was waiting to hear back. I'm wanting to get the MLIS degree so I can either teach, be a librarian, or both. I knew a few teachers who did the exact same thing and they loved it. So - Here's hoping that I do well with the interview and get accepted to grad school. Also found out that I can apply to be a Grad Assistant and get $$ for tuition (which is good) and a living stipend (monthly $$). The tuition would pay for 2, 4, or 8 credits worth of classes. 8 credits is "full time" status for M.A. classes.

No comments: