Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Teaching Job

I got a teaching job last week and my first night was last night! I survived and I can't wait to go back tomorrow!

I found a local charter school within our district (Jeffco) who was looking for a part time, night, teacher for Language Arts. What did I have to lose, so I applied. I went through the inital interview and was offered the position two weeks ago. It's only part time - 7:30pm - 10pm Mon and Wed, but it's still teaching and I'm in the district I want to be! Plus, I can still be home with Jaina as well as go get to teach.

Last night was pretty easy, I think, and I've got free reign over what the class does since it's a newly incepted program within the school. I hope they'll keep me for next term (Jan-June) and it may work out that I'll be there next year too!

No comments: